Friday 22 June 2012

As My Memories fly....

It is my third standard when my father started buying Ambulimaama & Balamithra, and which my mother used to read to me... one can never forget those days...



I still remember the third standard annual leave ( The most unforgettable one ). when I really started to see comics its when we went on a ten day trip to delhi and chandigarh.

I saw some comics on higginbothams stall Diamond comics... still unaware of anything, once i am back to pondicherry my dad started buying Punthalir Amar chitra katha and the favourite ones are the mahabaratham series...



But the out of the box experiance started with Our Favourites...

the first story which my mom read to me is Naragathin Ellayil.



From day one I started nourishing Prince as my hero..

But to my astonishments came the real super heros

When i started reading rani comics on my own i fell in love with lots of characters which i can never forget and maybe that is the factor for me naming the blog too....



As always I liked Willie Garvin more than even Modesty blaise... to his swift knife and his soft words

Princess....





Then its been quite a while for the Saatayadi veerar...



But sudden came the war series Athiradi padai, Kolai Pasi and Saagasa thalaivi...





but in between i cant miss the master blasters of that era...

Kaanagathil oru kannamoochi, Mr Jet..



But I started worshiping a hero like anything from day one when i started reading his book.

Today I have learnt a new language because of him.

Its the language of love Italian...

Tex as the name says he is more than anything in my comics which i had ever read...

And one comic stood apart from the rest with a game which came free with it..

That is the Dragon Nagaram -- like Yash Chopras movies you read it thousand times still you wont get bored of reading it and every time you would like to read it again...

One of the classics...

But after that i got aquainted to all other super heros namely

Robot Archi
Spider
Irrumbukai maayavi

All those are wonderfull days of comics which i missed in my late schooling and during my college.

Very off late i happened to rekindle the fire for comics and to see those books again.


I was searching for comics everywhere and just found them with a friend, who showed his wonderfull collection to me and make me awestruck. Offlate again i found out that one who collects a lot might not get the esseence by reading all that he has..


I am trying to read whatever i have rt now and mission accomplished till date. 


Like a saying a book which we have n havnt read is something similar to no possesing it..

I got some valuable friends with his friendship and i am greatly indebted to him.

I read Blueberry very late, largo winch very very late but hadnt missed on our XIII as he came in on my 3rd std itself -- the first issue i read is the prison episode.

The comics era is changing DC Marvel and some big names have already provided their stands on the net with their comics available to purchase...

I was happy when i read about our beloved comics available in ebay and I salute the background help and support few of our fellow beings provied to Vijayan to make this drastic change happen.

Hope to hear more good news from our beloved editor Vijayan.

Awaiting the new releases....

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    It is always nice to share the memories.
    I am sure all will have their own beautiful memories of them started reading comics.
    So those who read this post will cherish their memories too.

    Thanks again for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome .could you do a post on Mr.Z alone? .one of my favourite story

    ReplyDelete